Friday, December 6, 2013

The California Misconception

      Several years ago I went to North Carolina. While I was there I met several people who were just in awe of the fact that I was from California. Time and time again I was asked if I went to the beach every day and if I saw movie stars all the time? After I explained that I lived nearly three hours from the beach and ten from Hollywood a visible change took place and you could see the disbelief on the faces of the natives. The wheels of thought actually shuddering. Then they would ask if it was sunny year round where I lived and if it was like being at the beach? Again I dispelled the California misconception. I was thinking about this today when I woke for the second day in a row to 12 degree weather but considering it was minus 5 degrees in Missoula, Montana, (where most of my family lives) I guess you could say it was balmy here ... OK not really, but how can you complain about 12 degrees when you realize it is all relative.


Within an hour of pouring hot water into this water trough there was an inch of ice on top of it again. It is quite handy for the goats who want to nibble the dry leaves though.


It is hard to see in this photo but the bucket of water is frozen ~ and it is inside the barn! So much for providing a warm place for the goats to sleep at night. I can only hope they all put aside their differences and cuddle.


No comments:

Post a Comment