Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The First Signs of Spring

     It has been cold here, colder than winters we normally experience. It has been averaging 23 degrees most nights and we even had one night last week in which the temperature dropped to 17. So I was surprised when I found the little plants growing.


     This is volunteer Cilantro. I was going to clean out this pot and add all new soil to get it ready for some new herbs but since these little plants decided to grow I guess I will just leave this pot to them and plant my new herbs somewhere else.


     I'm starting to have spring fever so I'm excited to start planning and planting. Of course, with all the goats who are expecting next month, my garden ideas might have to wait a month or so. Perhaps that is for the better as it is so cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment